We took Wesley in for his 9 month check-up at the beginning
of March, and his weight was 21lbs (70th percentile) and height was
29.75 inches (95th percentile). He continues to be our long and lean
boy! He also has 6 teeth now (4 on the top and 2 on the bottom), with more on the way. It’s amazing how much babies change
and develop in 9 short months of life! I really find it hard to believe that
just a few months ago I was holding a little baby in my arms for much of the
day, and now we have a little boy who’s crawling everywhere and getting into
anything and everything! Wesley is constantly on the move and won’t sit
still for long. He pulls up on coffee tables, chairs, tables, the oven, you
name it and he’s on it. I’ve quickly come to the realization that I can’t take
my eyes off of him for 5 seconds, or he’s bound to be shredding rolls of toilet
paper, trying to eat Scarlett’s toys, or pulling a coffee table down on top of
him. How’s a girl supposed to get
anything done anymore?! Nap time and bedtime are pretty much the only times when
I’m able to accomplish anything these days. I need a way to contain this boy!
Though it’s exhausting chasing after him all the time, this
stage is also a lot of fun! The smiles and coos were rewarding in those first
months, but now the excitement he expresses when he sees me or says “dada!” and
crawls towards the back door the second Bill walks in from work is just the
best. He’s babbling, laughing, and engaging more than ever before. I just love it. He cuddles more than he ever used to, and the way he snuggles his
sweet face into my chest after he wakes up in the morning melts my heart. He’s also had major separation anxiety when I
try and leave him at daycare or mother’s day out. He clings to me, and the
ladies have to pry him off while crying and screaming. He’s usually fine after a couple of minutes, but it’s always a little hard to leave him in such a
state. However, I must admit that it does make me feel special to know
he loves me and recognizes me as his momma.
Wesley continues to love pretty much any new food we give
him. Anytime we are at home or eating out, we will give him bites of whatever we are
eating, and he inhales it (much like his mom!). He
especially liked the “gut pack” I shared with him at Vitek’s a couple of weeks
ago. Who wouldn’t love that?! He’s still
taking four 8oz. bottles a day (sometimes more), and he eats three meals. We put Wesley to bed around 7:15 or 7:30, and
he’s been sleeping until about 6:30-45ish (thank goodness it’s not 5:30
anymore… knock on wood!). He naps around 9:45 and 2:45, and I put him down
awake pretty much every time. He may cry or play for a few minutes but
is usually pretty good about falling asleep after that.
Wesley still loves his Clifford stuffed animal and
other stuffed animal “friends,” reading lots of books, crawling as fast as he can away from me
while I chase him, playing with his toys, banging on everything, trying to
play in Scarlett’s water bowl, attempting to unplug any cord he sees, and
trying to get into anything he knows he shouldn’t (see why I have to watch
him?!). He’s a ton of fun, and he is
constantly making us laugh. He’s started making some new silly faces, and the more
we laugh the more he does them. Bill and I comment daily on how much we love
this little guy and would do anything for him! He’s almost 10 months old now,
and I can’t believe we’ll be celebrating one year so very soon. It’s definitely a journey like no other in
life, and I’m grateful to be along for the ride!
9 Months and already doing a "sic 'em bears!"
"I'm just not sure about this picture thing mom."
Juliet's 2nd birthday party! She loved kissing Wesley, but we could not get them to smile!
His giggles in the swing were priceless!
Loving bites of the "gut pack."
All bundled up for a walk in the cold and showing off his teeth!
I really only preferred the mustache look on Wesley. :)
This busy boy keeps me on my toes!
Snuggles for daddy!
He loves the microwave!
Spending time with Pierce at Olivia's 3rd birthday party. Can't you tell they love each other?!
An avocado grin :)
My silly boy!
Hugs for Bear!
We like to wear matching outfits. :)
More cheese please!
Happy happy happy!






















No comments:
Post a Comment