Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Blogging World

I've contemplated joining the blogging world for quite some time now, and today I gave in. While I love reading blogs and keeping up with what's going on in the lives of my friends, I at first withheld from creating my own for a few reasons. I am not a creative person and the mere thought of trying to design a blog scared me to be quite honest. Some of my friends (aka Heather Rowland!) have the most adorable, creative blogs I've ever seen, and I just wasn't up to the challenge of trying to design my own. Those that know me, know that I'm not all that great with technology (I barely know how to download music on itunes for crying out loud). In addition to my fear of the whole creative aspect, I really wasn't sure what I would write about or who would even care to read it.

For these reasons and probably several more, I often thought about starting a blog throughout these past 8 months of marriage but never followed through with it. I think I am that way a lot in life. I'll think of something I would love to do but never actually follow through with it. This is where my amazing husband helps me immensely. He challenges me to go after it and follow through with the ideas I have in my head. So, here I am. I've created a blog, and while it's not the most advanced design or most adorable one out there, I am just proud of myself for figuring out how to design it at all! I plan to use this blog as somewhat of a journal to record our journey for both myself and friends and family that want to keep up with Bill's and my life here in Lubbock. When I say family and friends I mean my mom, who is probably the only one that cares to read, and that's perfectly fine. :) At least this will give me something to do while Bill's on call or studying away.

Well, that's all I have for now. My next post will be more of an update on life since our wedding in December, and I'll share a little background in regards to the title, "Now is the time!"

Until next time!
Kate

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! A new blog to follow! Now I can really stay updated on your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the blogging world! So excited to follow you :)

    Let me know when you want me to help you with your fonts!

    ReplyDelete