Wednesday, August 25, 2010

In love with Fall

As it cools off here in Lubbock, I am reminded of my love for the season of Fall. Although it's still August, the weather here has been absolutely delightful the past two days! It's been sunny and breezy with a high of about 75. It really doesn't get much better in my opinion. As a born and raised Wacoan, I am accustomed to hot, humid 90 plus degree weather through at least mid October. This change in climate is a huge perk to living in Lubbock. Here we actually experience all of the seasons! It's hot and dry in the summer, beautiful in the spring and fall, and it actually snows in the winter. I love it all, but I particularly love Fall for many reasons.

While I enjoy summer immensely, there comes a time when I am just sick and tired of sweating profusely as I drive home from work in a scorching hot car. When the weather starts to cool off, I feel a sense of excitement for all that lies ahead. In addition to finally cooling off, Fall means that it's officially college football season, and that makes me happy. I have been going to Baylor home football games my entire life, and every season I'm pretty much the eternal optimist. While some people have no confidence in Baylor football, I am quite the opposite. This year in particular, I have high hopes for a great season. Let's just pray RGIII remains healthy! Bill and I will be making it to Waco for the first game against Sam Houston State labor day weekend, and I alos plan on goining to the TCU, Texas Tech (at the state fair and cotton bowl!), Kansas State (homecoming game), and aTm games this year. Hopefully we'll win a few games and have a fun season.

So I've tackled (no pun intended) two of the main reasons I love Fall: the weather and college football. However, there are even more reasons why Fall is perhaps the best season of them all. Fall brings with it the anticipation of the holidays, delicious foods and time well spent with family and friends. Who doesn't get excited the day after Thanksgiving, when it's officially the Christmas season?! I LOVE the Christmas season.. the music, the smells, the food, the lights and decorations, the gift shopping, the holiday parties, etc. I love every second of it. This Christmas season will also bring with it the celebration of Bill's and my first wedding anniversary! Too crazy. I'm also hoping for a December bowl game this year. Now wouldn't that be exciting?? Again, just trying to be optimistic here. :)

So, in short (but not really), Fall rocks. I love how two days of cool weather can make me feel so refreshed and excited for the upcoming months. Just my luck it'll probably be 100 degrees again next week. For now however, I'll enjoy this cool air and look forward to the Fall ahead!

2 comments:

  1. Well said wife! Reading this made me excited for fall, and we all know this is Baylor's Bowl Game year! I'm proud of you for starting this blog by the way-good work. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sipping a pumpkin spice latte and enjoying the 68 degree weather here in Portland while reading this. It definitely feels like fall to me, too!

    ReplyDelete