Scarlett and I have enjoyed a quiet evening at home, and after a short jog, she's now curled up asleep at my feet. I love it. :) I thought I would use this time to post a few pictures and write a quick update of what we've been up to lately. I've been able to enjoy some quality time with family and great friends the past few weekends, and these days I appreciate those times more than ever.
For Labor Day, Bill and I were able to get away and go to Waco for the weekend. We had a blast seeing family and some of our close friends who were in town. The weekend started out somewhat emotional/shocking when I got into Waco and Amanda, one of my best friends in the world, told me she was pregnant!!!!! She was absolutely glowing and looked as beautiful as ever (I know it's cheesy, but it's true!). I can't even begin to express just how happy and excited I am for her and Matt. God is great, and the gift of life is really so amazing. I can not wait to meet this precious little baby come April! I mean it was just yesterday that Amanda and I were 5 years old and dressing up and pretending to marry each other... and now she's pregnant?! It just seems so surreal. In addition, I recently learned that two more good friends are pregnant and due in April as well. Is that crazy or what?! I am ecstatic for each of these friends, and I am praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby for each.
While the baby news was obviously the most exciting of the weekend, the fact that Baylor won their first home game was also pretty exciting. Sic 'em bears! It may have only been Sam Houston State, but still, a win is a win, and that's what Baylor needed. My brother, Boyd, was also in town for the weekend, and since he lives in D.C. it was definitely a special treat to spend time with him. Love you Boyd! We all spent a relaxing night at the ranch on Sunday, which was wonderful. I hadn't been in a while, and I had forgotten just how beautiful and peaceful it is out there. Dad took us all on a ride on the mule throughout the property, and Mom cooked a delicious meal of twice baked potatoes, homemade biscuits, steaks, fruit salad, and homemade ice cream and oatmeal cookies. We ended the night under the most amazingly bright star filled sky with a cup of coffee on the porch...The perfect end to a perfect weekend.
Prior to Labor Day, my weekends consisted of a trip to Austin for Catherine's bachelorette party (and the opportunity to meet Merrill and Chase's beautiful baby girl Parker!) and a visit by Erin and Sam (and Reilly and Berretta) to see us here in Lubbock. Both weekends were a blast. I would post pictures now, but I am having issues with downloading and formatting them. As I said in my very first post, technology just isn't my thing. I'll post pictures just as soon as I figure out how!
No comments:
Post a Comment