Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkin Obsession Confession

This post is dedicated to my love and obsession with all things pumpkin.  I just can't get enough! Whether it's decorating with pumpkins, carving pumpkins, or eating and drinking delightful pumpkin treats, I love it all. I'm proud to say that this week has been a pumpkin infused week. I bought a couple of large and medium sized pumpkins to decorate our tiny front patio, and they really add such a nice touch to our somewhat bland front yard (I plan on getting a scarecrow to add to the front yard fall decor as well). I've also indulged in eating my fair share of pumpkin this week.  I've enjoyed a pumpkin frappucinno, pumpkin concrete (vanilla custard blended with a piece of pumpkin pie= awesomeness!), pumpkin bread, and even a yummy pumpkin sucker a friend at work gave me.  One may think at some point I would get tired of pumpkin, but oh contraire! Please give me more. :)  My all time favorite pumpkin recipe is my grandmother's pumpkin muffin recipe. They are the softest, moistest, most flavorful muffins ever, and they are a Thanksgiving staple in our family....Usually we bake at least 60 or 70 so all may enjoy at least 3. That's just how the Bailey family rolls when it comes to pumpkin muffins and eating in general really.  Since I'll be spending Thanksgiving with the McCunniff clan this year, I'm excited to introduce Bill's family to these muffins.  I'll share the recipe in a later post so you too can enjoy and appreciate the goodness.

1 comment:

  1. yes! I want the muffin recipe! It's 2:00 am and I swear I would make them right now if I had it. I'm a pumpkin fan myself! Love you!

    ReplyDelete