Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Med School Update

I have yet to write an update on Bill's med school journey on this blog, so I thought it was time I did! Bill completed his third year of medical school in mid June, and since then he has been studying many hours a day for his upcoming Step 2 exam. This is an important board exam that Bill actually takes tomorrow! He took the Step 1 exam last summer which required even more time for studying and preparation. He did really well on Step 1, and I have no doubt that he will do great on this one as well.

This is actually Bill's last test of medical school! I can't believe it. Has this day really come?! He still has one year left of school, but 4th year is much more laid-back and involves going through rotations and interviewing different places for residency. Bill has decided that he wants to go into family medicine, and I can't think of a better fit for him. He's such a relational person, and I know his patients will absolutely love coming to him as their doctor time and time again. In my humble opinion, I think Bill will be the best family medicine physician out there!

I admire Bill's passion and determination to pursue this career, and I consider it a blessing to support him and encourage him every step of the way. As everyone knows, it's a long journey to becoming a doctor, but Bill's drive and motivation is never lacking. He has so much compassion for others, and I think that is part of what will make him such an incredible doctor. He's not in it to just treat a patient medically, but he's in it to build relationships and be a friend to every patient as well. I look forward to seeing all the ways in which God uses Bill to bless the lives of others for many years to come!

While this medical school journey is exhausting at times, I wouldn't trade it for anything. God has used this time for Bill and me to learn and grow in our marriage, and I know we will look back on this time with some of the best memories. I am married to one incredible man, and I look forward to the journey still ahead of us. It's hard to believe that in just 10 months from now I will be married to Dr. Bill McCunniff!


Doctor in training!

2 comments:

  1. Yay I love that you take pictures too! Colby's off at an away rotation (which stinks!) and so I made him take a picture of himself for his "last first day of school!" Ha! We can't help ourselves, med school is a long journey and we are proud of our hubbies! Bill will be an awesome family medicine doc! Are y'all rotating in FW? Colby will be in Lubbock in October. Please let me know if you need anything or need a place to stay!!

    ReplyDelete