Sugar and spice, and everything nice, that’s what little girls are made of!!
I’m beyond thrilled to announce that Bill and I will soon be an uncle and aunt to a precious little niece! My sister and brother-in-law found out yesterday that they will be having a girl!! I told Erin from the beginning that I thought it was a girl, and I couldn’t be happier that indeed that is the case! Of course I would have been thrilled either way, but secretly I was hoping for a girl. :) I just think baby girls are the most precious things ever, and as an aunt, I have the luxury of spoiling that baby as much as I want! I. can’t. wait.
My parents drove to Fort Worth for the big reveal dinner last night in which Erin and Sam cut into a cake that would be either pink or blue on the inside. Erin had her doctor put the baby's gender in an envelope, and then she delivered that envelope to the baker. Sure enough, the icing on the inside of the cake was light pink, and thus everyone knew a little girl was on the way! I think the cake reveal is such a cute idea, and it's a fun way to let the whole family find out at the same time. Unfortunately I could not be at the dinner, but I was on the phone and got to hear everyone's excited reactions. Congratulations Erin and Sam! (You can see Erin's blog post about the big news here.)
It's a girl cake!
Erin and Sam excited to find out they are having a girl!
the precious little baby :)
In other news, I thought I'd write a quick recap of the wonderful time I spent in Waco last week. The week started off on a high note when my Baylor Bears beat the TCU horned frogs on Friday night (the game was televised nationally on ESPN so it was definitely great publicity for Baylor football!). That game was quite the roller coaster, but in the end Baylor pulled off one incredible win. It was a blast to watch RG3 be interviewed on ESPN's college game day the following morning. RG3 for Heisman anyone?! :)
Erin and Sam were also in town for labor day, so we certainly had a fun-filled weekend. Saturday the guys went fishing while the girls enjoyed lunch and shopping. Saturday night we all went to dinner at the Dead Fish Grill on Lake Belton. The restaurant was located on a cliff over the lake, and the view was beautiful! The food was also delish. On Sunday we headed to the ranch for the night, and while the guys went dove hunting, my mom, Erin, and I prepared dinner and relaxed at the house while we waited for the guys to get back and grill steaks. Erin and Sam headed home to Fort Worth on Monday morning, while Bill and I enjoyed another day at the ranch with Mom and Dad before heading back to Waco for dinner at one of my all time favorite restaurants, Ninfa's!
Throughout the rest of the week I really got to enjoy spending some quality time with Bill, my parents, grandparents, and several close friends. It was quite the whirlwind of a week, but I loved every second. There's just something so comforting and relaxing about being back in the house and town you grew up in.
Final score of the Baylor/ TCU game
The whole group at the game
So proud of the bears!




I thought it was a girl too! ;-)
ReplyDeleteLove this post! :) :) :)
ReplyDelete