I'm not even sure where to begin with this post. The excitement from Saturday night is still sinking in. Robert Griffin III, quarterback at Baylor, won the Heisman trophy!!!! That's right. College football's most prestigious award is headed to Waco, TX for the first time ever, and I could not be more proud. Usually the Heisman goes to a player from the nation's number one or two ranked team. However, this year things changed a bit. Even with a 9-3 overall record and finishing the season ranked 12th in the BCS (which is pretty dang amazing for Baylor), Griffin still managed to awe the nation and take home the coveted prize.
After his name was announced as the winner, Bill and I went absolutely nuts. The pride I felt for my school in that moment was like never before. I was also extremely impressed by his selfless speech and the way in which he talked about it as a team award and an award for Baylor. Griffin is such a wonderful ambassador and representative for Baylor. He talks about his love for the school in almost every interview that he does, and he's always so well spoken (although I guess that should be expected from a guy that graduated early with his bachelor's degree, completes his master's in May, and wants to go to law school next year). If intelligence, selflessness, poise, and unbelievable talent weren't enough, Griffin's Christian faith is also evident in the way he plays football and lives his life in general. He's a great role model, and in my (somewhat biased) opinion, he was the most deserving of the Heisman for multiple reasons. He's put Baylor on the map like never before (and this time for a positive reason), and I'm just so excited to see what kind of influence all this has on Baylor, the Waco community, and the football program for years to come.
Things are looking bright. With both women's and men's basketball ranked in the top 10, it's looking like we're going to have quite a fun basketball season ahead of us as well. Life is good for those of us devoted to the green and gold, and that gives me great reason to smile and be happy on this cold and dreary Monday morning. After years of attending almost every single home football game and rooting for the bears win or lose (and by win or lose I meant primarily lose), it's great to see things changing and looking far better than ever before. I'm definitely a happy girl, and to end this post I will proudly state three of my favorite little words, sic 'em bears!!!
Robert Griffin III: Heisman Trophy Winner!!!!
Bill and I excited and anxious to watch the big announcement!
Flashback to college and my friends who are also die-hard Baylor football fans :)
video recap!
video recap!

Love this post! I couldn't agree with you more - SO happy and excited for RG3 and Baylor!!!
ReplyDeleteI can just picture you and Bill going "absolutely nuts"! And I love the pic of us running in the Baylor Line as seniors :) Sic em!
ReplyDelete