Yet here we are. Bill will be graduating as an M.D. in just over four months! This is a big year for us because it will open up a whole new chapter of life with Bill starting his residency at who knows where. I am excited and anxious at the same time. We find out where we will be headed on March 16th (also known as Match Day), and to say I'm ready for that day to get here is a bit of an understatement! We have prayed so much about this, and I just have to trust that God's perfect plan will prevail.
Another exciting event happening in 2012 is the birth of Erin and Sam's baby girl in February! I am absolutely ecstatic to become an aunt and spoil that baby like none other. :) This new year is looking bright, and I'm excited to sit back and enjoy the ride.
Now back to 2011 for just a bit. Bill and I shared two wonderful Christmas celebrations with each of our families. We started out with Bill's family here in Lubbock and ended with mine in Waco. We are blessed with some of the most amazing parents and siblings, and we had a blast getting to spend some quality time with each of them. Post Christmas, I took a couple extra days off work and got to catch up with some of my closest friends, watch Baylor win the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio, and relax at the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort in Austin. Definitely not a bad way to end the year.
I'll end with the same thing I started with, Happy New Year! I hope each of you fulfills your new year's resolution (if in fact you have one) and experiences a blessed year. My ideal year would also include Baylor winning men's and women's basketball national championship titles and heck, they may as well finish first in football next season too. :) Just thought I'd throw that out there since it is after all a great day to be a Baylor Bear!
Dinner with the McCunniff Clan
Christmas Eve
Waiting to see what Santa brought us
RG3!!
Reunion with great friends in Austin
Alamo Bowl pre-game party
Bears win the Alamo Bowl!
Dinner at Lost Pines Resort
Beautiful New Year's Eve sunset in Lubbock



I know the exact same feelings about match day! My boyfriend finds out the same day in March and anxious/excited is really the only way to describe! EEK!
ReplyDeleteI'm so grateful that we were all able to get together in Austin before the end of the year. Love you!
ReplyDelete