Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Blackberry Farm

In just over 48 hours from now Bill and I will be relaxing in the 4,200 acres that make up Blackberry Farm in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee. We have been looking forward to this vacation with my family for quite some time, and I can't wait to see and experience all the remarkable things we have heard about Blackberry. It was recently voted the number 1 best resort in North America by Travel + Leisure and the 24th best resort in the world. It's quickly become my parents' favorite vacation destination over the past several years, and each time they return from Blackberry all they can do is talk about how marvelous it is for days. I am excited to experience it all first hand! Blackberry Farm is a resort that offers luxurious accommodations, "the most delicious gourmet food you will ever eat" according to my mom, and activities to suit just about anyone (fishing, hiking, canoeing, swimming, cycling, spa, hunting, equestrian, cooking lessons, etc.).  It's a place where the staff really tries to get to know every guest and they cater to your every need while there. In describing Blackberry, Country Inns Magazine says, "an elegant haven braced by legendary hospitality, the inn lives up to its reputation as a Ritz-Carlton in the woods." I think this will be a wonderful time to completely unwind before the craziness of moving and residency begins. Bill and I are so thankful to have this opportunity to vacation at Blackberry, and I plan on giving a full recap of our trip upon our return!

  The white house is where we will be staying, and the red, 18th century amish bank barn is where the restaurant is located.
 Can't wait to relax in a room like this!
 Morning fog over the Smoky Mountains
Where we will be eating our dinners!
*all pictures via the Blackberry Farm website

3 comments: