Monday, May 13, 2013

Nursery Reveal!

I am so excited to reveal pictures of Wesley's Nursery! This has been a work in progress for the past couple of months, and Bill and I are thrilled with the finished outcome. We wanted the nursery to be a bright, cheerful, and happy place since we knew we'd spending quite a bit of time in there all hours of the day and night.

At first I had absolutely no clue which direction we should go as far as theme, colors, decor, etc. Did I want a neutral, soothing nursery, or did I want something a little more bold and colorful? I browsed Pinterest for hours and looked at numerous baby websites before finally deciding that I liked this plaid crib bumper with multiple colors from Pottery Barn Kids. From there, I decided I wanted to paint the walls grey (the walls and ceiling were previously a very bright, obnoxious yellow), use white furniture, and add lots of touches of navy and red in the room. We also decided that a "nautical" look would compliment the color scheme well. Our baby shower was also a nautical theme, so it was fun to bring home some of the decor from the shower to use in our nursery. :) Once the overall theme was decided upon, I had a blast picking out the specific decor and details for the room. You never really know exactly how all the pieces will come together, but I really think everything came together and compliments each other well. Bill and I absolutely love the room, and we can't wait to bring Wesley home to it in no time at all!

We also wanted to be money conscious while decorating the nursery. We knew we were starting from scratch and that everything would add up quickly (and right we were)! Our two biggest purchases were the crib from Pottery Barn Kids, and my parents were so generous to give us the custom-made glider as a gift. It is seriously the most comfortable chair ever! I knew many hours would be spent rocking and feeding Wesley in that chair, so comfort was an absolute must. We used a lady in Dallas who custom-makes gliders and other furniture, and she did a fabulous job (click here for her website). The other pieces of furniture, including the dresser, navy side table, and red shelf tower were found at local antique stores here in Waco for very affordable prices. We ordered the changing table from Wayfair.com for about $130 (as opposed to the $600 one I originally wanted), and it looks like it was made to match the crib. Another great find was the red rug we bought at Big Lots for a whopping $29! Again, I originally had my eye on a rug from Pottery Barn that was more than $500, so when we found the red rug for such a steal I was ecstatic to see how it would look in the room. Turns out, it was the perfect fit! As many of my friends know, I am not typically one to find a great bargain, so I must say that I've been very proud of myself for finding some great deals for this nursery!

Like I said before, I am so happy with the final look. I love peeking in the room throughout the day and getting excited about the baby boy who will soon occupy it. I am now 37 weeks pregnant, so this baby could decide to make his big debut anytime now. Bill and I are anxious and excited to meet our precious son soon!

Welcome to Wesley's Nursery!






4 comments:

  1. Most adorable nursery ever!!! Great job Kate! All you need now is that baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling nursery!! Considering my whole house is nautical...I fully support this theme :) Love it!! Ready for Baby Wesley's arrival! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely perfect!! The details are all so sweet!

    ReplyDelete