Bill, Wesley, and I had a wonderful 8 day trip to Colorado back in mid-August. I was definitely a little weary about traveling with a two month
old, but Wesley was quite the trooper and did wonderfully. Packing for a baby was a huge task!
We laughed at the trunk of my car when we loaded up to head to the airport. It
was full to the max! I think we checked 4 bags, gate checked the car seat and
stroller, and had 4 carry-on bags. Obviously we didn’t “travel lightly,” but I
wanted to be as prepared as possible! Luckily we didn’t forget a thing. :)
We spent the first part of our vacation in Breckenridge with
my parents and then drove down to Bill’s family cabin in southern Colorado with my mother-in-law and brother-in-law for the second part of our trip. While we had a blast at both
places, I quickly realized that vacations aren’t quite as relaxing with a two month old baby
to take care of and feed every 2 ½ hours or so. Even so, it was still so refreshing
to get out of this awful Texas heat and enjoy some cool weather and gorgeous scenery
for a week.
We ate some amazing food, went on cool morning walks, enjoyed coffee on the porch overlooking the mountains, took Wesley on a couple of hikes, had fun on
the Alpine slide, picnicked by the river, and just enjoyed quality time spent with family. We hadn’t been on a vacation in quite some
time, so the time away was much needed and came at a good time. Wesley did
great on the plane there and back, and he seemed to love his time in Colorado.
How could he not love Colorado?! Having
vacationed there all our lives, Bill and I share a passion for that state, and
we hope to go there for many summers to come with our family.
With one trip as a family of three under our belt, I’m ready
for more! Unfortunately residency makes it a little difficult to get away, but
we certainly cherish the moments that we are able to. Even before he was 3 months old, Wesley had been all
over Texas and Colorado. He is already one well-traveled little boy!
As always, I thought I’d share pictures to document our trip. :)
Taking the Gondola up the mountain and enjoying the pretty views.
Enjoying lunch in town one day.
Family pic on Main Street
Wesley's first Colorado hike
The guys
Hike to Rainbow Lake
A yummy dinner out with Mom and Dad
All bundled up and ready for his morning walk!
This guy was ready for an intense ride down the Alpine Slide
Yet another hike with our little family
I love Colorado Aspens!
Relaxing on the front porch before heading to dinner
Pretty views on our morning walk with Mom and Dad and the dog girls
beautiful flowers in front of the house
Morning coffee on the balcony
Nap time on the big bed :)
Wesley enjoying time with Bebe and Bear!
Coffee with Daddy!
Date night with the hubby at Blue River Bistro
Lunch outside on a gorgeous afternoon
An afternoon jog with the most beautiful view!
Family picture on our last morning in Breckenridge
We arrived at the cabin!
Wesley loved his new hat to protect his head from the sun.
The guys ready for a little excursion
Grilling hamburgers on our first night
Preparing food on the cast iron stove
Family picnic by the lake
This is how you bathe a baby at the cabin- in the turkey roaster!
Brothers on top of Michael and Tommy's Rock
Such a beautiful view!!
Rock formation on Michael & Tommy's Rock in honor and memory of Tom :)
Porch time with Grammie!
Picnic by the river on our last day
Taking in the breathtaking beauty of God's creation
No comments:
Post a Comment