First off, I want say Happy Birthday to my new nephew,
John Bailey Simpson, who was born October 9th!! Erin and baby Johnny are doing fantastic, and
he is seriously the cutest little baby boy! Johnny was born just
after 5:00 p.m., and he was 9 lbs and 22 inches at birth. Erin and I both had
big babies! Wesley and Johnny are four months apart, and I know they are
destined to be the best of friends as they grow. I’m so thankful that we all
live in Waco, and our boys will get to grow up together. J Johnny, your Aunt Roo
loves you very much!! We are so thankful for your precious life and the way you
will continue to bless all of our lives as you grow and become everything God intended you to be.
Welcome to the world Johnny!!
And now for an update on our little guy. Wesley is now 4 months old! I
think I say this every month, but I can’t believe how quickly each month flies
by! Wesley is growing bigger by the day, and I’m looking forward to seeing how
much he weighs at his four month appointment next week. I am not, however,
looking forward to more shots!
Since I last wrote, Wesley has enjoyed a visit from Uncle
Boyd and Labor Day at the ranch, a fun visit from his Grammie, his first Baylor
game, his first day of daycare while Mommy went back to work one day a week, lunch
at Sugar’s house several times, a birthday celebration for Daddy, a trip to
the Waco fair and rodeo, and his first time with a babysitter (which couldn’t have
gone any better) while Mom and Dad went out to celebrate Erin’s birthday. It’s
been a busy few weeks, but we have had a fun time!
I put Wesley down to bed around 8:30, and he typically
sleeps until about 6. I then feed him and put him back down until close to 8. I
am still feeding him every three hours, 6 times a day. For the past month or
so, Wesley has started spitting up quite a bit. I thought we were lucky because
he didn’t spit up much at all in the beginning, and now it seems to be all the
time. I know it’s perfectly normal for babies to spit up, but I plan on talking
to my doctor next week about the frequency and quantity that he spits up. I would
love to get it under control!
Wesley continues to be a very happy, content baby! He talks
and coos a ton, and he started really laughing from his belly a couple of weeks
ago. It is the cutest thing of all time when he laughs!! He really only cries
when he is hungry or tired (I think he gets that from his momma), and once he
is either fed or put down for a nap then he is perfectly happy. He absolutely
loves his pacifier and putting his hands and feet in his mouth (he just
recently started grabbing his feet and putting them in his mouth all the
time). He also loves it when we kiss his
neck over and over or blow on his tummy. That will usually get a big laugh out
of him! He is now sitting in his bumbo seat and playing in his bouncer as of a
couple days ago. His head control has gotten a lot better, but it’s still not
perfect. It does make it much easier to hold him now that he can hold his head
up! He loves grabbing the toys on his bouncer and play mat, and when he’s in
his car seat, he loves to hold on to his green ball. He is now wearing 3 and 6 month clothes, but it’s
proving difficult to find things that are long enough for my lengthy boy!
Bill and I love being daddy and mommy to this little boy of
ours, and we thank God every single day for the blessing He’s placed in our
lives. No, it’s not easy all the time, but it’s certainly 100% worth it. It's exhausting and challenging but rewarding and fun at the same time. It's easy to look to the future and the next stage of Wesley's life, but I'm trying my best to focus on the present and enjoy each day as it comes. When Wesley grows up I know I will look back on this time and miss it so much!
That's our update for now, followed by a million Wesley pictures
from this past month or so. I hope you enjoy looking at this precious baby as
much as I do (although I’m fully aware that’s probably not likely!). J
Wesley's 3 month pictures
Just hangin out with Sophie the giraffe
happy naked baby!
Scarlett loves to give her baby brother kisses
Dressed in my Sunday best for Uncle Bobo
Wesley's first Baylor game! I think he's destined to become a Baylor bear.
Being held and admired by his great-grandmother Sugar
A Labor Day trip to the ranch and some time with Bear.
Dr. McCutie!
Are you lookin at me?!
I love playing in Mommy and Daddy's big bed!
A fun visit from Grammie!
Aunt Jenny and Uncle Mark came in town for a Baylor game!
Look who showed up in the laundry basket!
Our happy boy!
Bebe and Bear got to take Wesley to a Baylor game while I stayed home sick.
Just learning to swim with Dad :)
That's right- my name is Wesley!
Cousin Juliet holding the baby :)
Such a little cutie!
Bedtime snuggles with Momma. I love these moments!
Happy 29th Birthday to this handsome guy! He's one incredible husband and daddy!
You are special today!
Just waking daddy up before he had to go to work for the night. (Please pay no attention the mismatched pillowcase on our bed!)
Bumbo time!
I love my feet!
Playing in his bouncer
Fun at the fair!
4 months old and a pure joy to be around!
Here is a video of the sweetest laugh. :) I apologize that I am loud and obnoxious- try and just focus on Wesley!
No comments:
Post a Comment