Wednesday, November 20, 2013

5 Months

Wesley is 5 1/2 months, and I'm beginning to feel like time needs to slow down! I've had several friends who have had babies this past month, and it's crazy how much bigger Wesley looks than these little newborns. He is no longer my newborn baby that I could so easily cradle in my arms. He now prefers to be held upright on my hip most of the time. At 5 months old he's still my baby, but I know before I know it, I'll look up and he will be a full blown toddler. Time please slow down!

I am really enjoying this phase of Wesley's life. He is laughing all the time, grabbing onto things, putting anything and everything in his mouth, babbling, rolling all over the place (I've got to be a lot more watchful now!), playing with his toys, and sleeping like a champ (most nights). Last week Wesley had his first fever, and of course I hated seeing him not feel well. He had a little upper respiratory virus, and it took 2 or 3 days for him to really feel like himself again. He didn't nap or sleep well at night while he was sick, which made for one long, exhausting week. I'm so thankful he's feeling like himself again!

At 5 months, Wesley was 17 lbs, 6 oz. and 28" long. He's pretty much taking two naps a day, but he doesn't go down quite as easily as he used to. We have to let him "cry it out" for about 10 minutes, and then he's usually good to go. I really hate hearing him scream and cry, but it's also great that he's able to soothe himself and put himself to sleep. Last week was the exception when I spent 2 straight hours one night doing anything I could to get him to fall asleep. Thankfully those nights are few and far between.

I could go on and on about what a blessing this little boy is in our lives. He makes me smile and cry tears of joy all too often. Being a mom is the most amazing privilege in the world, and though there are those occasional moments when I feel like maybe I'm just not cut out for it, I wouldn't trade it for anything. God's given us such a gift in Wesley, and I am committed to being the best I can be for him. Yes, I'll screw up and not get it right at times (or a lot of the time), but in the midst of my imperfections, I'm thankful for the perfection of our Savior who gets it right all the time. I'm glad he's able to step in and take control when my world spins out of control. I'm thankful for his forgiveness and grace that allows for a fresh start when I need it most. Bill and I are partners in this journey, and I think we make a pretty great team. I couldn't ask for a better husband, friend, leader, or encourager.

I could ramble on about many things right now, but I think I will leave it at that. I'll also leave you with some recent pictures of Wesley this month. I hope these pictures put a smile on your face. :)

 5 months already?!

 He's happy as can be!





Our little Baylor bear!

We loved spending time with Mimi and Judge while they were in town. Wesley is blessed with such incredible great grandparents!


Wesley's first "sick" visit to the doctor. 

All bundled up on a cold morning to run errands together. 

 He loves playing in the pack and play!


It's never too early for Christmas pajamas! Thanks Aunt Jenny and Uncle Mark!

Trying to hold hands already with sweet Scarlett. Could it be love at first sight? ;)

Just hanging out in his crib :)

I turned around and he had flipped over in his chair. I can't look away!

 Our growing boy! He's one long baby.

His first time eating solids- rice cereal, followed by sweet potatoes. I'm not sure how much he actually swallowed, but he seemed to like it okay!

"I think I'll take over the spoon, Mom."


Open wide!




Porch time with Daddy! I agree with Wesley's shirt- never grow up please!

No comments:

Post a Comment