The title of this post is fitting because I am happy to say that the past few months have brought exciting news of engagements and pregnancies in the lives of several of my friends (and just to be clear, my engaged friends are not pregnant, and my pregnant friends are married. J). Oddly enough, I have three friends who are all pregnant and due at the beginning of April, and I have five friends getting married in the next few months. I would like to say congratulations to Liesl, my most recent friend to get engaged just this past weekend!! Between baby showers, bachelorette parties, bridal showers, and weddings, the next few months are sure to be busy!
The madness began the last weekend in January with a baby shower in Waco for one of my best friends, Amanda. Amanda and I have known each other literally our entire lives, and it’s hard for me to believe that in no time at all she will be a brand new mom! With her nurturing nature and love for children, Amanda was made to be a mom, and I think many of us knew that she would be the first of our friends to get pregnant. I am so excited for Amanda and Matt, and I can’t wait to meet little baby Olivia come April! If she’s anything like her parents then she’s sure to be one very beautiful and athletic little girl! I’ll post some pictures from the shower just as soon as I get my computer back from Apple (my battery recently died). It was definitely a beautiful shower, complete with a beautiful mom-to-be!
I helped host yet another baby shower in February for another friend named Amanda. I met Amanda when I moved to Lubbock and joined a bible study with some med school wives who I have grown very close to. She has meant so much to me over the past year, and I am thankful for her sweet friendship! The baby shower we threw for Amanda, David, and baby Ryker was a couple’s Baby-Que (think barbeque/ western theme), and it was an absolute blast. I can’t wait to meet Ryker!!
The madness continued a couple weekends ago at a bachelorette party for another one of closest friends, Hannah. It was so much fun to reunite with such an amazing group of friends out at my parent’s ranch in Evant, TX. It was the perfect weekend! I love and admire Hannah in so many ways, and I am counting down the days until she marries the love of her life on May 21, 2011. Ross and Hannah are absolutely meant for one another, and I know their wedding will be a true testimony of their love for one another and for Christ. I can’t wait!
Well, that’s a summary of all the wedding and baby craziness for now. The fun continues throughout the next several months, and I’m sure there will be more posts to come about adorable babies, new moms, beautiful brides, and fabulous weddings! I hope you'll stay tuned. J
Hello Love! :-) I love the BABY-QUE idea! :-) SOOOO cute! ;-) YOU are going to be the BEST mom ever one day! I love you, sweet Kate! :-)
ReplyDelete