Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Banana Cream Pie

Bill got home from a two week away rotation in Fort Worth this past Friday night, so I made banana cream pie to celebrate (because any excuse to make pie is a good one!). Bill is a sucker for desserts, and this one hit the spot. I discovered this super easy recipe on the blog, Our Best Bites, and I only slightly adapted it. Let me tell you, this pie does not disappoint! Bill and I polished off the remainder of the pie by Sunday afternoon, and I'm already looking forward to making it again. I've always loved banana cream pie, and this recipe was perfectly sweet, creamy, and absolutely delightful to the taste buds!


Picture taken moments before I scarfed down every last crumb!

Banana Cream Pie:

3.4 oz. box of instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup cold water
14 oz can of fat free sweetened condensed milk
2 graham cracker crusts (this recipe makes two pies)
4 medium sized bananas
1 pint whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar

- In medium bowl, combine pudding mix, cold water, and sweetened condensed milk. Mix well and place in fridge to chill for a few minutes. In another bowl, whip 1 cup (or 1/2 pint) of whipping cream (do not add sugar) until soft peak forms.
-Slice bananas (two sliced bananas for each pie) and layer them on the bottom of both crusts. Make sure to save the plastic domes that come with the pie crusts- you will need them later.
-Remove pudding from fridge and gently dollop the whipped cream on top of the pudding. Gently fold the whipped cream into the pudding mixture until well combined.
-Divide mixture between the two pies.
-Whip the remaining 1 cup of whipping cream with 1/4 cup sugar, then divide and spread on top of the two pies.
-Place clear plastic shells back on the pies, and allow them to chill in the fridge for several hours before eating.

Hope you enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! Totally going to make this soon! :-) ANNDDD that is one of my favorite blogs!

    ReplyDelete