Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Exciting News!

I am thrilled to share the news that Bill and I will soon be an aunt and uncle! My beautiful sister, Erin, and brother-in-law, Sam, are expecting their first child in February 2012 (see Erin's blog post here).  I could not be more ecstatic for Erin and Sam. They are going to be the most amazing parents, and I can’t wait to meet their precious baby in just a few short months.

I believe Erin was born to be a mom. As my big sister, she was overjoyed when I was born and loved to pretend like I was her baby.  For the first several years of my life (until I got a mind of my own), I would do pretty much anything Erin would tell me to do. Whether it was convincing me to wear the less glamorous dress-up clothes or convincing me that I really wanted the American Girl doll Addie instead of Felicity (the prettier one that Erin wanted) for Christmas,  I somehow obliged to my older sister.  I wanted to be just like her, and I remember being so proud to tell people that “Erin Bailey” was my older sister.

Erin and I have shared some priceless memories together, and to this day, I couldn’t be more proud to call her my big sister. It’s hard to believe that this time around she won’t just be pretending to have her own baby! As I said before, she is going to be the best mom, and she is going to love that baby with every ounce of who she is. I also know that Erin and Sam will do their absolute best to ensure that their child knows and loves Jesus Christ. I admire the way in which they serve Christ in their marriage, and I know they will also strive to serve him as parents. I look forward to observing and learning a great deal in the months to come. I also look forward to spoiling my little niece or nephew as much as possible!

Congratulations, Erin and Sam! You both have been so faithful in praying and trusting in the Lord’s timing for a child, and I share in your joy that your prayers have been answered. God is so good!

**Please do not post anything on Erin's facebook wall in regards to the baby since she has not yet shared with her work, and she does not want them to find out via Facebook. Thanks!

Erin holding me as "her baby"
I always wanted to be and dress just like my big sister :)

Erin and Sam's anniversary gift to Mom and Dad

With the mom and dad to be after learning of the exciting news!

2 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to meet baby SIMPSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kate you are going to SPOIL this baby! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kate!! Being an aunt is simply THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete