Thursday, August 4, 2011

Overnight Oats

Breakfast is hands down my favorite meal of the day. While many of my friends and family can vouch for the fact that I am a cereal addict, I have recently been trying to experiment with different breakfasts that may help keep me full longer. Since eating breakfast at 7:30 helps jump start my metabolism, I am usually staaarving around 10:30 at work each morning. Recently I’ve enjoyed some delicious smoothies, but today I think I may have found my fix for the days I don’t want cereal. Have you heard of overnight oats?! I first discovered them on the blog, Peanut Butter Fingers (click here), and I decided to make my own variation. It’s great because you prep everything the night before, let it sit in the fridge overnight, and voila! The next morning you have a creamy, sweet, and filling breakfast awaiting you. You can top your overnight oats with sliced fruit, granola, nuts, or anything else that floats your boat. Hope you enjoy!

Overnight Oats:
½ cup dry rolled oats
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon honey
dash of cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon vanilla

-Stir together all ingredients in a bowl (do not microwave), cover with saran wrap, and let sit in fridge overnight. The next morning stir in a small spoonful of peanut butter for some added flavor and protein, then eat up. Delicious I tell you!

3 comments: