I am excited to share one of my favorite dessert recipes! I typically do not like any type of dessert with lemon flavor, but these lemon squares are the ultimate exception. These babies are creamy and delicious, with only a hint of a lemon flavor. My grandmother has been making these since I was little, and to this day they remain a favorite of mine. I made a batch and brought them to work about a week ago, and they were quite a hit. This recipe is so simple and easy to follow, and the results are guaranteed to please. Hope you enjoy!
Lemon Squares
Crust:
1 box lemon cake mix
1 egg
1 stick melted butter
Filling:
8 oz softened cream cheese
2 eggs
16 oz box powdered sugar
Mix cake mix, 1 egg, and melted butter with a spoon and press into bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
Mix cream cheese, 2 eggs, and powdered sugar with a mixer and pour over layer of crust.
Bake at 325 for 45 minutes (done when toothpick comes out clean and top is slightly golden brown).
Let cool completely and cut into squares.
Dig in and enjoy!
These are the BEST!!! Can't wait to make them soon!
ReplyDeleteThese look DELICIOUS!! mmmm I'm tempted to go to the grocery store right now..
ReplyDelete