Monday, November 14, 2011

Halloween & Homecoming

I can not believe how quickly the weeks have been flying by lately! Bill has been on the residency interview trail throughout Texas the past few weeks so we've been on the go and in the car quite a bit recently. The interviews have all gone great, and Bill and I will find out where he's going for residency in March on a special day called Match Day in the medical world.

The whole residency match process is surprisingly similar to sorority rush (takes me back to my Kappa days and rush week). Throughout the interviews, each program tries to prove why it's a great fit for Bill, while Bill  proves why he's such a great applicant. Then, in February, Bill will rank the places he interviewed, each of the places will rank him, and then a computer system will match him to the place that he ranked highest and where he was ranked the highest by the program. Whatever ultimately happens is out of our control, so letting go and trusting that the Lord's plan will be accomplished is all we can do. It's scary but exciting at the same time. Bill will open an envelope on match day with a letter telling him where he's going and then we are set!

In between the craziness of interviews, we squeezed in a Halloween party here in Lubbock and a trip to Waco for Baylor Homecoming. We had a great time seeing so many college friends and celebrating a Baylor football victory against Missouri! This coming weekend Bill and I are having a "friendsgiving" (pre-thanksgiving pot-luck dinner with friends), and then we are heading to Dallas for Thanksgiving with my family next week. I absolutely love this time of year!!

Halloween party dressed as William and Kate: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge :)

Annual Friday night homecoming dinner at Ninfa's
All the girls
Up bright and early for the homecoming parade on campus
Sweet Olivia was all bundled up and sporting her Baylor best

Love these friends!
Sam and Erin with her cute baby bump!

4 comments:

  1. I graduated from Texas Tech!! LOVE Lubbock! Do u ever shop at Belly Couture? A friend of mine from hs owns it...check it out!!! I'm your newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and what about Blue Sky Burgers....OMG, to die for yummy!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we love Blue Sky! I've also shopped at Belly Couture before... super cute store!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and love it! My boyfriend is doing the residency interviews too- it's quite the process! Good luck to yall :)

    ReplyDelete