This past weekend was an all around fantastic weekend. In between all the traveling we've been doing/have yet to do, a fun-filled weekend in Lubbock was exactly what we needed. On Thursday Bill was super productive and put in a new mail box and got up our Christmas lights (although we will not turn them on until after Thanksgiving), and on Friday we headed out to Palu Duro Canyon to hike with Scarlett. Palo Duro Canyon is about an hour and a half drive from Lubbock, and while Bill has grown up going out there, it was my first time to make the trip. I wasn't sure exactly what to expect, but when we pulled up to the viewing area at the top of the canyon, the views were beautiful! Who knew that such beauty existed here in west Texas?! I was very pleasantly surprised. We spent a few hours hiking a couple of different trails, eating a picnic lunch, and enjoying the perfectly crisp and sunny weather. Scarlett took in all the sights and smells and had the time of her life! Overall, it was a great experience, and I look forward to returning in the future.
Then, on Saturday we had our first ever "friendsgiving." Bill and I had about 5 other couples over to his parent's house for a pot-luck thanksgiving dinner. The food was absolutely delicious, and we had such a fun time. We were also able to watch the Baylor bears beat Oklahoma in one of the greatest games in Baylor's history! RG3 for Heisman anyone?! I'm sure hoping so.
I'm now looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with my side of the family. This will be our first thanksgiving since getting married to spend it with my family, so I'm pumped. We leave in just a few minutes to head to Fort Worth to stay the night with Erin and Sam and then on to Dallas tomorrow to meet up with the rest of the Bailey clan. I am so excited to partake in yummy food, family time, and football watchin! I feel extremely blessed, and I'm thankful to have the husband, family, and life that I do. God is indeed good! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
self timer family shot... just a little crooked!
Friendsgiving 2011
Ok! Nate and I are going to have to go to palo Duro Canyon! It is beautiful!
ReplyDelete