Friday, May 27, 2011

PB&J Milkshakes

Many of my friends, family, and coworkers are probably sick of hearing me talk about how much I love peanut butter and jelly milkshakes. Yes, I know it sounds like a strange combo, but I promise it's pretty dang amazing. I thought I'd share the recipe so I can (hopefully) stop talking about them once and for all. Bill and I have been making them several times a week for our nightly dessert, and I simply can't get enough! We first discovered the delicious combo when we ate lunch at the 50's Prime Time Cafe at Disney World. While the restaurant did not share the recipe, Bill and I came home determined to make our own PB&J milkshake. I think we hit the jackpot. This little concoction is delightfully creamy and sweet, with a hint of peanut-butter flavor. Make at your own risk. These things are addictive! :)

Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake:

5 generous scoops of vanilla ice cream (We typically use Dreyer's half the fat, but Blue Bell is by far the best)
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 generous spoonful of crunchy peanut butter
1 or 2 squeezes of grape jelly (we use Welch's squeezable grape jelly)

Combine ingredients in Blender and mix until smooth. Serves 2 (one big and one small or two medium milkshakes). Enjoy!

 All the ingredients
You can add as much or as little peanut butter as you like
Bill's big boy milkshake and my mini milkshake!

1 comment: