Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Delectable Sugar Cookies

I baked heart-shaped sugar cookies for Bill this past Valentine’s Day, and they were absolutely delicious. I also brought some to work and had many requests for the recipe. Sugar cookie recipes can really be a hit or miss, and I’m thrilled that I came across this recipe online a few months ago. I wish I could give credit to someone for the recipe, but I can't remember where I found it! The cookies turned out just how I like them; soft, chewy, and slightly sweet! I think I’ve definitely found my go-to recipe for sugar cookies in the future. Enjoy!

Sugar Cookie Recipe:

1 ½ cups butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1.      In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
2.      Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll dough on floured surface ½ inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
3.      Bake 6-8 minutes in preheated oven (I typically take them out when they are just a tad undercooked so they don’t burn at all). Cool completely and enjoy! 

*I can’t remember exactly how many cookies this recipe makes, but I'm guessing it was around 30 large cookies.




2 comments:

  1. I love the pic at the top of your blog! ;-) very texas-y!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth! I took it at my parents' ranch in Evant. :)

    ReplyDelete