Happy first official day of summer everyone! Not only is it officially summer, but it is officially HOT here in west Texas. The daily temp has been 100+ for a couple weeks now! I am not a fan of extreme heat, but at least one of the perks to living in Lubbock is that the humidity remains relatively low, and it usually cools down quite a bit at night. I just try to remain indoors as much as possible until about 8:00. J
This summer has gotten off to one busy start. My past two weekends have been spent at bachelorette parties for my good friend, Laura, and my sweet sister-in-law, Sara. Both parties were a blast, and now it’s on to weddings for the next several weekends. This weekend Bill and I head to Dallas for a wedding, and then we’ve got weddings three weekends in July. 2011 has certainly proven to be the year for weddings!
July 4th weekend Bill and I will take a wedding break as we head to Rough Creek Lodge with my family. I’m looking forward to a couple spa treatments mixed in with pool time and delicious meals! If you’ve never heard of this place, check it out here! It’s a great, relaxing vacation spot in Texas, and I would highly recommend it.
I’ve posted a couple pics from the recent bachelorette parties below, and I’m sure there will be all kinds of wedding pics to post in coming weeks.
For now, best of luck in braving this heat! I’m currently envious of my friends living in cooler places (aka Whitney, Tara, Mary, Jordy, and Brittany)! I guess there are some perks to living outside of Texas. J
Bachelorette Laura!
The whole group at Laura's bachelorette party
Bachelorette Sara!
The delicious food and beautiful flowers at Sara's lingerie shower

Looks like so much fun! It was SO great running into you at the Omni!!! Such a fun surprise :)
ReplyDeleteRough Creek Lodge looks like my kind of place! :-)
ReplyDelete