Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sugar's Pumpkin Muffins

It’s been a long time coming, but I am finally posting the recipe for pumpkin muffins from my wonderful grandmother, Sugar. I talked about my obsession with these muffins in a post I wrote in the fall, but I am just now remembering to share the recipe! I realize that foods made with pumpkin are normally classified as food for the fall months, but these muffins are seriously great year-round. I made these muffins for Easter with the McCunniffs, and they were a big hit. JServe them warm with a little butter, and they will melt in your mouth! They are a great addition to any holiday meal, or they are great just to keep in the freezer and pull out when you are craving something yummy for breakfast. Somehow when I make a batch they never make it to the freezer because Bill and I go through them so quickly! We’ll eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner until they are gone. No big deal. Hope you enjoy!

Sugar’s Pumpkin Muffins:

2 cups sugar
1 ½ cups vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 ½ cups canned pumpkin
2 cups flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla

*Mix together sugar and oil, add eggs and beat well. Add pumpkin and mix. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and add to batter. Add vanilla and stir. Pour into well-greased muffin tins & bake at 350 for 15 minutes (I typically take them out just a tad undercooked because I like them extra soft). Yields: 24-30 (depending on size of muffin tins)

3 comments:

  1. sweet Sugar! :-) You should tell her about your post :-) Love you! and can't wait to try these! :-) you AND your sister love pumpkin! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I actually made pumpkin muffins last week because it still feels like fall up here! I love everything pumpkin so I will definitely be using this recipe.

    ReplyDelete