Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Essentials

Since it’s now “officially” summer, I thought I’d share some of my favorite items for the summer months!

1.      Floppy straw hat: Not only are they cute and stylish, but they protect your face from getting too much sun. Who wants to worry about cancer or bad wrinkles down the road?? Not me! Confession: I’ve neglected to protect my face properly in summers past, but this summer I’m really trying to break the habit. I guess the older I get, the more I realize the importance of keeping my skin healthy!

I love this hat from Nordstrom because of the fun colors and the slightly shimmery tone.


2.      Cool summer nail color: I have yet to try it, but I love this turquoise and caicos color from Essie! I’m a huge fan of having a pop of color on my nails, and I think this would do the trick.



3.      Colorful maxi dress: I think maxi dresses are so cute and flattering on almost anyone. I love that you can wear flats or dress it up with a fun pair of wedges. I currently have my eye on this Gianni-Bini dress from Dillards. Wouldn’t the turquoise and caicos nail polish look perfect with it?!





4.      Wedges: I already own a few too many wedges, but I can’t get enough of them! You can wear them with pretty much anything, and for heels they are pretty dang comfortable on the feet. I really like this Steve Madden pair from DSW Shoes.  They are cute and affordable at only $50! Unfortunately I couldn't download a picture.


5.      Stylish swimsuit coverup: This Nanette-Lepore coverup is a little out of my price range at the moment, but I think it’s adorable. I love the crochet look!



6.      Coral Lipstick: I think coral shades of lipstick are so much fun for summer. It’s a soft color on the lips, and it helps create that pretty, “sunkissed” look. I love both the Soft Coral and Guava shades in Bobbi Brown. This lipstick has an added bonus of containing spf 12. Doesn't everyone hate chapped lips?!




3 comments:

  1. Is it just me, or has Dillards been majorly stepping up their game recently? They have had some really beautiful outfits in the past months. In fact, I may just have to pay a visit after work today...

    I just found your blog thru Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box. So happy to have found your cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kate, thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog today. it's for sure a challenging thing. glad i'm not alone and we can encourage each other!!!

    ps - i've GOT to tell you about this new company (accessories, jewelry) that I am becoming an ambassador for. you would be the perfect canidate to help me throw and party in lubbock! you and heather! we must chat soon. i'll see you at laura's wedding :)

    ReplyDelete